In this guide you’ll learn how to manage and deliver orders using SPP. As a team member, the first thing you’ll see when you sign in is a list of orders.
The orders list
By default you will only see the orders which require your input, however you can still access Pending, Canceled, and Completed orders from the tabs at the top of the orders list.
The default order statuses in SPP are:
- Pending – client hasn’t filled out their project information yet
- Submitted – you can start working on the order
- Working – order is in progress
- Complete – order has been delivered
- Cancelled – order was refunded
☝️You can rename these and create your own statuses to match your workflow in Settings > Order management.
See what needs to be done
Your orders list initially opens up to Submitted and Working orders – these are typically orders which need to be worked on.
Use the Filter button to further narrow down the orders list to orders which are assigned to you, for example.
Subscribing to order updates
You will receive email updates for orders you’re following and by default you will be subscribed to any new orders that are assigned to you. You could also choose to subscribe to all new orders in your profile.
You can also manually subscribe and unsubscribe from any order.
You’ll get a notification via email and in your dashboard every time there’s a new order that you can start working on. For recurring orders you’ll also be notified when the client has made a subscription payment if there’s recurring work that needs to be done.
There are two ways to communicate with your team in SPP
- You can send a team-only message, which will notify anyone who’s following the order.
- You can update the order’s note field (the client won’t see it and the rest of the team will).
If there’s a delivery deadline set for a service any orders of the service will have a due date. Countdown starts when the order goes into Submitted or Working status, meaning if the client takes a few days to fill out necessary project details that time doesn’t count towards the deadline.
The deadline countdown is stopped when you change the order’s status to Complete.
As you complete the order you can send the client a status update or a report, and change the order status to Complete.
Changing status does not trigger a notification, however sending a message will.
When it comes to handling client replies in Complete orders, you have a few options here:
- Completed order is automatically re-opened. You don’t need to check Complete orders tab because client messages will put the order back on your Working orders list.
- Completed order is “locked” requiring client to click a button to request a revision (screenshot above). Combined with the setting above it makes sure only orders which need your input get re-opened.
- Order remains Completed. You’ll still get a notification about it.