To set up Stripe you’ll need to authorize your Stripe account by going to Integrations > Stripe.
If your SPP account is currently in Test mode, your Stripe account will be authorized in test mode as well. When you switch your SPP account to Live mode, you need to authorize your Stripe account again in Live mode.
Importing Pre-Existing Subscriptions
You may have pre-existing subscriptions that you’d like to import from Stripe that have been set up outside of SPP, to do this, you’ll have to add the metadata of an SPP service into the Price of your old services following the instructions below –
- Make a corresponding service on SPP.
- Find the service ID of the service from the URL – example.spp.io/services/service/67
- Go to Stripe > Products > Find the corresponding service (that was created outside of SPP).
- Press on the Price of the service:
- Press on Edit Metadata > add the metadata using “spp_service_” in key and the service ID after it, in like shown below:
- After this is done and saved, manually import one of your subscriptions that is on this service to ensure that the set up was done correctly, once you’ve verified the information is right, you can proceed with running a full import of all your subscriptions into SPP.
Payment method management
Because SPP saves clients Stripe ID, they can make future purchases without having to re-enter credit card info. Additionally, clients can manage their saved payment methods here:
This link is automatically added to your Client Portal’s sidebar menu when you enable the Stripe module.
By default Stripe will be sending your customers automatic order receipts. Since SPP also sends payment receipts/invoices, you may want to turn those emails off in Stripe.